Thursday, June 18, 2015

Housewife hangs self in Ondo

A 40-year-old housewife, Mrs Seyi Adewumi, was yesterday found dead in an uncompleted building beside her house at Olu Foam area of Akure, the Ondo State capital. The cause of the death of the mother of two was not known at press time, but some of the residents suspected suicide. Hundreds of people living around the area trooped out to catch a glimpse of the body.
Expressing shock over the demise of his wife, Mr Gbenga Adewumi said he went to a vigil on Tuesday only to come back and see his wife’s body in the uncompleted building.
He said: “Last night (Tuesday), I went to a vigil organised by our church. I left her in the house hale and hearty. But to my surprise, I got back home this morning and I saw some of our neighbours in front of our house. They broke the news to me and took me to where she is hanged.”

Reference:  New Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment